Advanced MIDI Gate can be used to easily mute an audio/VSTi track via MIDI.
It can be used to create the stuttering effects commonly found in trance and psy-trance.
AMG is different to other midi gates because:
- The envelope can control a filter instead of a VCA.
- The envelope is tighter than most other MIDI gates.
- Noise can be added to the signal to make the sound more aggressive.
- Either the left or right channel can be delayed slightly to fatten the sound.
- When you stop your sequencer, the plugin disables itself so that you can edit the gated track without having to switch the plugin off.
- There is an autopan section that can throw the signal to alternate speakers each time the gate is triggered.
- The autopan, filter and noise sections all have BPM synced LFOs for more sonic possibilities.