Redtron SE uses samples recorded from a 1973 Mellotron M400S.
The samples have been cleaned (not too much) by removing an annoying 60Hz hum and some unwanted “clicks” and “pops” here and there.
- Nine sound types : MKII Flute, MKII 3 Violins, M400 Cello, MKII Brass, M400 Combined Choir, M400 String Section, M400 Woodwinds, M300A Violins, M300B Violin.
- No loops : like the original Mellotron, each sound is eight seconds long with, in many cases, “the bad endings”.
- Exclusive “Mellotronic Click Switch” (MCS).
- Layer (two sounds A & B) and split possibilities (octave shift).
- Independent parameters for sound A & B.
- Full MIDI automation.
- Global Volume control.
- Global Tone control.
- Global Pitch control.
MCS : On real Mellotrons, Click can be heard at the beginning of a note, when the tape comes in contact with the replay head. On REDTRON SE, these clicks are randomly generated when you hit a key : you don't hear twice the same and they can appear on any note. A rotary knob allows you to control the effect intensity (of course, you can also completely disable it ). Note : this function is inactive when the attack parameter is set to any value different from zero.